Get what you need to match your experience and education to a job in the IT field. You’ll learn from engaging and committed professors with key knowledge and industry insights.
What do professionals need to be successful in this field?
- Solid technical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Knowledge of Canadian business and culture
Course offerings depend on the instructor and room/resource availability. Here is a sampling of the kind of accounting/auditing courses you may take as part of the customized plan.
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design I
- AP/ITEC 3020 3.00 Web Technologies -or- SC/CSE 2041 4.00 Net-Centric Computing
- AP/ITEC 3230 3.00 Designing User Interfaces -or- SC/CSE 3461 3.00 User Interfaces
- AP/ITEC 4010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design II
- AP/ITEC 4020 3.00 Internet Client-Server Systems -or- SC/CSE 4413 3.00 Building E-Commerce Systems
Related professional bodies and associations
Internationally educated professionals interested in pursuing the following designation will need to be assessed by the individual association to determine the necessary course work, professional examinations and work experience required to become a member.
You may also find the following external associations and organizations helpful in terms of networking and skill-building.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (for IT auditors)
Careers and career transitioning
Sample jobs you may qualify for upon completion of the program include:
- Public Systems Analyst
- Application Developer
- IT Auditor
- Systems Architect
- Network Designer;
- Database Designer
- Business Process Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- IT Manager
- Information Manager
- Data Manager