To qualify for the program, IEPs must:
- be a permanent resident, landed immigrant, convention refugee or Canadian Citizen, and be living in Canada no longer than 3 years (preference will be given to those who have been here 2 years or less);
- reside in Ontario;
- have a minimum of a recognized non-Canadian Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or a related discipline. If you are unsure, please email a copy of your resume to the IEP office before applying);
- have related professional work experience outside Canada (minimum of 3 years but more is preferred)
- have a good command of the English language as proven by achieving CLB Benchmark 8 in all areas in Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading within the past 12 months. Click here for more information on how to obtain your CLB score.
How can you tell if this program is right for you?
Our program positions you for employment that fits with your goals and career path, however, it does not guarantee you a job upon graduation. As a student, you will benefit from our courses, practical learning opportunities, and industry connections if:
- you are currently unemployed or are you working in a job that does not match your skills, education, and experience;
- you are ready and willing to do the preparation required to get ready for employment in your field,
- you have the ability to take a minimum of two courses per term,
- you have not participated in a similar Ontario bridging program already. (If you are not sure if the program you participated in is an official bridge program view a list of other Ontario Bridging Programs here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/working/OI_BRIDGE_NONREGS.html and then contact us for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org )
Thank you for your interest in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies’ Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Professionals.
Our next round of intakes will start in May 2018. If you would like to receive a notification from us in April when the application process starts and be invited to information sessions, please join the mailing list.