To qualify for the program, IEPs must:
- be a permanent resident, landed immigrant, or Canadian Citizen, and be living in Canada no longer than 3 years (preference will be given to those who have been here 2 years or less);
- reside in Ontario;
- have a minimum of a recognized non-Canadian Bachelor's degree in Business, IT or a related discipline. If you are unsure, please email a copy of your resume to the IEP office before applying);
- have related professional work experience outside Canada (minimum of 3 years but more is preferred)
- have a good command of the English language as proven by achieving CLB Benchmark 8 in all areas in Speaking, Listening, Writing and Reading within the past 12 months. Click here for more information on how to obtain your CLB score.
How can you tell if this program is right for you?
Our program positions you for employment that fits with your goals and career path, however, it does not guarantee you a job upon graduation. As a student, you will benefit from our courses, practical learning opportunities, and industry connections if:
- you are currently working in a job that does not match your skills, education, and experience or you are unemployed,
- you have not participated in a similar Ontario bridging program before,
- you are ready and willing to do the preparation required to get ready for employment in your field,
- you have the ability to take a minimum of two courses per term.
- Thank you for your interest in the Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies’ Bridging Program for Internationally Educated Professionals.
Please note that at this time we are not accepting applications for admission.
Our next round of intake dates have not yet been set. If you would like to receive a notification from us when we are once again recruiting, please join the mailing list.