Research shows that it can take several years for immigrants to fully integrate into the Canadian labour market. The goal of our bridging programs is to help IEPs get the skills, local insights and networks to help them find employment that matches their education and experience. At the same time, we aim to address the unmet labour demands of employers Canada-wide, with particular emphasis on Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area by providing opportunities for employers to connect to the talented professionals taking the bridging program.
This is an exciting time to be part of our program and part of the Faculty, which is home to more than 27,000 students from over 130 countries. Whether you’re an immigrant professional, a prospective employer or community partner, there are countless opportunities to get engaged and get ahead at one of Canada’s leading universities. We look forward to meeting you and having you visit the York campus.
We’re committed to enhancing your success and helping you prepare for professional employment or accreditation that matches your experience, credentials, competencies, and skill set. Benefit from:
- Gaining a certificate from York University;
- Key insights into Canadian business culture, mentorships and opportunities to connect with industry professionals;
- Language and Communication training, management and specialized skill development;
- Tuition partially subsidized by the Government of Ontario, and opportunities to find out about funding to assist you with tuition or educational costs;
- The flexibility to study in the evening.
As an IEP student, alongside the academic program you will have access to Career Coaching and helpful workshops on topics such as interview skills, cover letter and resumé writing and participate in events aimed at making career choices and job search strategies more effective.
Take advantage of this great opportunity!
Learn more about the program here.
Sign up here to receive more information and join our information sessions