Get what you need to match your experience and education to a job in the IT field. You’ll learn from engaging and committed professors with key knowledge and industry insights.
What do professionals need to be successful in this field?
- Solid technical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational abilities
- Knowledge of Canadian business and culture
Course offerings depend on the instructor and room/resource availability. Here is a sampling of the kind of courses you may take as part of the customized plan.
- AP/ITEC 3010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design I
- AP/ITEC 3040 Introduction to Data Analytics
- AP/ITEC 3210 3.00 Applied Data Communications and Networks -or- SC/CSE 3214 3.00 Computer Network Protocols and Applications
- AP/ITEC 3220 3.00 Using and Designing Database Systems -or- SC/CSE 3421 3.00 Introduction to Database Systems
- AP/ITEC 3505 3.00 Information Technology Project Management
- AP/ITEC 4010 3.00 Systems Analysis and Design II
- AP/ITEC 4030 3.00 Business Process Management Systems
- AP/ITEC 4230 Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence (3.0)
- AP/ITEC 4305 Web Mining
- AP/ITEC 4040 3.00 Requirements Management -or- SC/CSE 4312 3.00
- AP/ITEC 4050 ERP Systems Configuration (3.0) Software Engineering Requirements
New advanced 4000 level courses are also being designed in Enterprise Architecture and Applied Artificial Intelligence
Careers and career transitioning
Sample jobs you may qualify for upon completion of the program include:
- Public Systems Analyst
- Application Developer
- IT Auditor
- Systems Architect
- Network Designer;
- Database Designer
- Business Process Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- IT Manager
- Information Manager
- Data Manager
Related professional bodies and associations
Internationally educated professionals interested in pursuing the following designation will need to be assessed by the individual association to determine the necessary course work, professional examinations and work experience required to become a member.
You may also find the following external associations and organizations helpful in terms of networking and skill-building.
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (for IT auditors)